The WhatsApp Business API provides several benefits to businesses from all domains. One of the main benefits for businesses is the ability to compose template messages that can be sent as automated notifications to customers for different use cases. Even though these automated notifications are highly useful for businesses, some business owners might not know how to setup these notifications and operate it efficiently. Through this article, Gallabox, a leading WhatsApp Business Partner, wishes to educate business owners about WhatsApp’s automated notifications support.
Before learning about WhatsApp notifications, it is important to briefly look at template messages. WhatsApp Business API generally allows two main types of messages, namely ‘Session Messages’ and ‘Template Messages.’
Sessions Messages are freeform WhatsApp chat messages that have no limitations. However, session messages can only be sent as replies, i.e. only after the customers initiate the conversation.
Unlike Session Messages, Template Messages are pre-approved template chats that can be directly sent to the customers, i.e. the businesses need not wait for the customers to respond. However, WhatsApp has strict conditions for creating and sending Template Messages.
First and foremost, WhatsApp needs to approve the templates before you can start sending them. Although there are many criteria that need to be fulfilled, some of the main ones are that the Templates should not be Spam messages that are completely promotional; it should not use abusive language; and nor should it promote violence and other illegal/suspicious content. Another important point to note is that all WhatsApp templates should not have grammar and spelling mistakes. To know more about template creation and the various rules, business owners can check https://developers.facebook.com/docs/whatsapp/api/messages/message-templates/
Business owners can create template messages in multiple languages. WhatsApp currently enables template creation in over 70 supported languages. By creating templates in the local language, business owners will be able to engage with customers better. It is important to note that templates created for each language also needs to be verified by WhatsApp. Since template creation is relatively complicated, business owners generally seek the help of reputed WhatsApp Business partners like Gallabox for assistance. With extensive knowledge in the field, Gallabox can create personalized template messages based on customer preferences and get them approved in just 2-3 days.
Types of Notifications
Businesses can create unique and innovative template messages that can be sent as automated notifications. WhatsApp currently allows businesses to create template messages for ten main types of automated notifications. The following is a list of the notification types
• Issue Resolution – If an issue raised by the customer was resolved after the 24 hour window, business owners can send an issue resolution template that can notify customers and act as a starting point for further conversation.
• Reservation Update – Businesses can notify their customers about their upcoming reservations.
• Alert Update – Notifications can be sent across for important news and updates like location change, deals & offers, etc.
• Ticket Update – Businesses can notify customers about their event, flight, train or even movie tickets. Ticket updates can also have FAQs and maps to help customers reach safely.
• Travel Update – Notify customers about their next trip and the hotel/flight reservations.
• Appointment Reminder – Businesses from all domains can notify their customers about their upcoming appointments. This can range from anywhere between dentist appointments to beauty parlor appointments.
• Personal Finance Update – Businesses can notify customers about product receipts, outstanding and missing payments, and other financial transactions.
• Delivery Status – Business notifications to customers about order tracking and delivery status.
• Payment Update – Notifications that specifically request businesses for payments.
• Account Update – Notifications about account setting changes as this could help customers learn about any unauthorized activities.
In addition to text templates, WhatsApp also supports multimedia templates. Businesses can create and send ‘media message templates’ such as videos, images and documents. Media messages add another dimension to business notifications as it allows businesses the freedom to send innovative and in-depth notification messages. Just like text-based message templates, media message templates also need to be approved by WhatsApp before you can use it.
While notifications are always free for the customers, businesses need to pay for sending template notifications. The prices for each message reduces as the number of template messages increases. For more details on the pricing policy and the exact prices, business owners can check https://developers.facebook.com/docs/whatsapp/pricing#inr
One of the main criteria that should be noted while creating Template Messages is the approval process. It is crucial to create notification templates that do not violate WhatsApp’s policies (https://www.whatsapp.com/legal/business-policy/?lang=en) and that is one of the main reasons for partnering with a reputed WhatsApp Business partner.
WhatsApp Business API allows for easy automation of all template messages as the notification function can be combined to the business’ existing CRM tools. Many WhatsApp Business partners including Gallabox also make this much easier by providing specialized API interfaces that can help businesses create business notifications easily and get them approved as soon as possible. Since Gallabox has extensive knowledge of WhatsApp’s policies, it will ensure that the notification messages are not violating the same.