In today's day and age, reaching more customers in the shortest time is absolutely necessary for business growth because it is the best way to immediately impact a new location or domain. While this can be achieved through bulk SMS or email marketing campaigns, both options might not be profitable in the current digital age. With WhatsApp becoming a leading digital communication platform, it is essential for a business owner to find out the quickest and most cost-effective way of reaching people via WhatsApp on a large scale.
Is it possible to send 1000 messages at once on WhatsApp?
With more than a billion active users, WhatsApp has become an excellent business communication platform that helps companies personally engage with customers. While it might not be possible to send 1000 messages through regular chat messages or groups, it allows businesses to send bulk messages through a feature called Broadcast messages. Let’s take a closer look at WhatsApp Broadcasts to better understand how to send bulk messages.
Suggested read: A quick guide to WhatsApp Business Web
WhatsApp Broadcast Feature to send 1000 messages on WhatsApp
WhatsApp Broadcast lists are customized lists of users that can be created by adding saved user contact numbers. After creating the list, users can instantly send the same message to all the users in the list with the click of a button. One of the significant advantages of using a broadcast list is the fact that the messages would appear as individual chat messages for each customer. With WhatsApp & WhatsApp Business, business owners can create broadcast lists with 256 contacts. This allows them to send instant messages to hundreds of customers instantly.
While sending messages to 256 customers simultaneously might be highly helpful for some businesses, others might look for ways to increase the reach to grow much faster. To send 1000 bulk WhatsApp messages to customers instantly, you need to integrate WhatsApp Business API into your workflow. WhatsApp Business API is an application interface that was created by WhatsApp to help larger businesses and enterprises communicate better with their customers. Since the application is aimed at large corporations, it allows companies to add 1000 contacts to a single broadcast list. This gives businesses a chance to reach a large set of customers in the shortest amount of time.
Suggested read: How to send WhatsApp Broadcast: A guide for 2022
5 reasons you would want to send bulk messages (100+) messages on WhatsApp
Now that we’ve established that it's possible to send bulk messages through WhatsApp, it's necessary to establish why you, as a business owner, might want to send them. The following are five major reasons why many businesses have started to send bulk messages and how the process benefits them.
- Share Event Information: Broadcast messages can be used to inform customers about their latest online & offline events. This can help boost both sales and lead generation.
- New Product Notifications: Businesses can send bulk messages to notify specific customer segments about new products & services. This way, your product can be viewed by many prospective customers.
- Regular Shop & Holiday Timings: Businesses can use broadcast messages to remind customers of their shop or holiday timings. Bulk messages can also be used to inform about emergency notifications related to your shop.
- Offers & Coupons: Whenever new deals are planned, it is important to inform customers as soon as possible. This short burst of messages will help your business broaden the scope of its offers.
- Back-in-Stock Notifications & Recalls: Back-in-Stock Notifications & Recalls: Inform your customers about the latest stocks as soon as possible through broadcast messages and generate interest among customers.
Broadcasts can also be used to notify customers about emergency product recalls. This can help you limit negative press and brand damage.
Suggested read: How to set-up WhatsApp Automated Notifications
Limitations of WhatsApp Broadcast Feature
While WhatsApp broadcast is a helpful feature that boosts brand exposure and revenues, it has some limitations. The top three critical limitations are listed below:
- One of the main limitations of WhatsApp broadcasting is that you can only add WhatsApp contacts that have been saved on your device.
- Since WhatsApp Business doesn’t allow third-party integrations, customizing broadcast lists can be difficult.
- Businesses can only send pre-approved template messages & notifications through WhatsApp broadcasts. These template messages need to adhere to WhatsApp’s template guidelines.
How to stay compliant while sending bulk messages to contacts who have not saved your number
As mentioned earlier, you need to save customer contacts and get their approval before sending them any message (or adding them to your WhatsApp broadcast list). If you send messages to unsaved contacts without getting their consent, they can block & report your business. This can lead to major repercussions in the form of temporary bans to permanent account deactivation. Therefore, compliance is an important factor when it comes to business-initiated conversations.
However, there is a method that allows you to send messages to unsaved numbers. For this, you need to generate your own WhatsApp link either through the WhatsApp Business app or through a WhatsApp Business Service Provider like Gallabox (BSPs allow you to create links with customized welcome messages).
By using WhatsApp QR codes and WhatsApp link generator, you can invite customers to chat with your business profile. Customers who have initiated conversations through WhatsApp links can be added to your broadcast lists & groups. You can also reply to messages from unsaved contacts who’ve clicked Facebook’s ‘Click-to-Chat’ feature and add them to your broadcast list.
Send unlimited bulk messages on WhatsApp with Gallabox’s broadcast feature
Gallabox is a leading WhatsApp Business Service Provider that allows you to create customized broadcast lists with 1000 customers and send unlimited bulk messages to them instantly. Just follow these simple steps to start broadcasting to your customers:
- Open the Gallabox dashboard & select the desired WhatsApp template message.
(If you don’t have pre-approved WhatsApp templates, you can create one using the steps in this video)
- Select Broadcasts and click on ‘Add Broadcast’.
- In the ‘Select Segment’ screen, click on the ‘Create Segment’ tab to create a new segment.
- Click on ‘Add Filter’ to select the filter details. Once you’ve added the required filter details, you can apply the filter and name the segment.
- Once the segment is created, you can select the template message and add the variables (placeholders where you might require customized details like name, phone number, etc,.)
- The final step is to either send the broadcast message immediately or schedule it to be sent at a pre-set time.
After sending the broadcast message, Gallabox also allows you to immediately check the status of the messages and download a detailed broadcast report for analytical purposes.
You can also check out our complete step-by-step WhatsApp Broadcast video for further guidance:
In addition to WhatsApp broadcasts, Gallabox also provides excellent WhatsApp workspace and no-code chatbot solutions. So don’t wait, sign up now to get a free trial.
If you found this article helpful, you might want to check out these related resources,